Sunshine Studios Collaboration
In loving memory of Hayden Fredrickson - a young entrepreneur.
Hayden was in constant pursuit of creative expression, telling his story and others’ through art, design, and brands. As an avid fan of Portland Gear, we wanted to honor his legacy by bringing to life one of his most recent designs.
With the help Alix (Hayden's mother), Claire (girlfriend), and Cody (best friend), the Sunshine Studios and Portland Gear collaboration came to fruition. The Sunshine logo was designed by him earlier in 2020. Featured inside the wings of the butterfly are the things that were closest to Hayden’s heart:
- Crashing waves and two rocks symbolizing his love for the beach and a camp he grew up attending
- A “Faithful” logo that symbolized his quiet but driving faith, one of many brands he wanted to start
- A soccer ball in a net for his love of the sport and attending Timber’s games with his late father
- And all of his closest friend’s signatures, representing the familial bond he had with his friend group
- The sleeve features the words “faith, family, friends” - the three most important things to Hayden growing up.
- The color yellow nods to Hayden’s grandmother always referring to him as “our sunshine”, and blue represents his most recent favorite color, and his love for the Pacific Ocean.
Proceeds from this collection will go towards continuing Hayden's legacy through Sunshine Wonders - a brand started by Hayden, and continued by Cody and Claire, who are committed to bringing more of Hayden’s designs to life through product. Proceeds from his collection will also go towards creating future multi-media learning experiences and Brand Camp scholarships for high school and college-aged students.