Article: This Week In Portland - Week of January 17 🌲
This Week In Portland - Week of January 17 🌲
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Breaks in the clouds and gave way to those highly sought-after rays of vitamin D. Even though they vanished as quickly as they appeared, it was the boost we needed to drop into the latter half of January - and yes, it appears this year is flying by just as fast as 2021 did. Buckle up.
Below, find some ideas of things to do this week - from our favorite lunch spots to shows coming through town, there's something for everyone. Make a date out of it, or get yourself out of the house - you deserve it.
Food & Drink
- Kevin & Franky's - The team walked down the other day to try something new for lunch. Their straight-to-the-point, no-frills menu made it easy to order. Grab a dip, you'll love it, located on SW Harvey Milk St., next to Bamboo Sushi.
- Carlita's - Grab a taco (or four) on the north side of the Pearl, across from Tanner Springs Park. Made-to-order Mexican fusion food paired with innovative cocktails make for a night to remember!
- Hawthorne Asylum - Get adventurous with a classic food cart pod. Located just across the Hawthorne bridge, there's 21 food cards and 42 handles of rotating craft beer, we don't have to tell you how tasty it is here.
Shows & Events
- Barrel-Aged Beer Fest - Friday (1/21) thru Sunday (1/23) - Come try beers from a handful of local breweries and tasty food to match!
- Freeland Spirits tour and tasting - Friday (1/21) @ 3PM - Tour and taste the products of one of the few women-owned and operated distilleries in history!
- Mandela: The Official Exhibition @ OMSI - Open until Feb 13, 2022 - Learn about the world's most famous freedom fighter.
- Beyond Van Gogh Portland @ Oregon Convention Center - Open until Feb 12, 2022 - Immerse yourself in the work of one of the most prolific artists through cutting-edge 3D projection mapping and music
The Great Outdoors
- Springwater Corridor - Grab a bike and get out! If you're brave, bike in the rain, or if you want, wait until Friday for some clear weather. Bike down to Sellwood and back for a classic Portland ride!
- Hoyt Arboretum - Hop on the MAX and get off at Washington Square and hike the 4.7-mile loop surrounded by more than 2,300 species of trees.
- Mount Tabor - Trails, hikes, playgrounds, basketball courts, and more. Did you know Mt. Tabor is also a volcano?
What are some of your favorite things to do in Portland on a weekday or weekend? Let us know in the comments below, and we might feature you in the next article!
Happy Monday, Portland. Let's get after it.